These nasal sprays help prevent and treat inflammation caused by mold allergy of the upper respiratory tract. These medications can help with itching, sneezing, and runny nose. There are no proven tests to show when or where you may have been exposed to mold. If there are mycotoxins in your body, you should immediately see a doctor.
Explain your symptoms and bring a copy of the test results. Your doctor may want to do another test (which may require blood or nasal secretions instead of urine) to verify that yes, mycotoxins are really the source of your health problems. Finally, what can we do to check if we have been poisoned by mold? The best test methods to use are our urine mycotoxin test and our home environment test, the EMMA. Mold testing will give you a comprehensive view of mold and mycotoxins in your body and in your home.
To learn more about these tests, I recommend reading about how to find mold in your home and about mold growth. Test your home for mold or arrange for an environmental hygienist or mold specialist to sample an HVAC system, contents, or visible mold growth patch. Laboratory tests can determine which species of mold are growing and the severity of an infestation. Professional testing can be done before and after remediation.
The doctor recommends several tests for mold exposure. To diagnose mold poisoning or allergies, your doctor will perform blood or skin tests. Someone may test positive for mold allergy and experience mold toxicity at the same time. However, in mold toxicity, systemic immune dysregulation and subsequent inflammation are the underlying characteristics that drive symptoms.
Being in a position where you are unsure of mold toxicity in your residence can be extremely stressful. However, if previous tests confirm a positive reaction, you will need to be treated immediately for your condition.